Being a mom is the most wonderful job in the world. It does come with a few sacrifices though (besides sleep!). Kendall is unable to tolerate dairy, therefore mommy doesn't get to eat it. Nursing has been great, who knows how we could afford formula. The greatest aspect is the bond between Kendall and I. It doesn't hurt that I get to eat all that I want, probably more than I ate during pregnancy. Getting back to the tough part, no dairy. I have adapted to almond milk, I love the vanilla almond milk. It makes cereal tastes that much better. My big sacrifice is no cheesecake or ice cream, my two favorites. I have found some ice creams made from coconut milk and soy milk, not too bad. I recently found recipes to make "cheesecake" from tofutti. I found that if you add enough sugar, it is edible. I have experimented with tofu, and I make my own hummus. Peanut butter is my staple food. Living in a world with no dairy is challenging, constantly checking labels and asking the waiter if a dish has dairy in it. It kind of takes the fun out of eating. I feel for those who have a true milk allergy.
All I know is that being dairy-free makes a happy baby, so it is worth it. But watch out because when I can, I will be on a cheesecake hunt.
No comments:
Post a Comment